OxVox Committee Meeting Minutes
Date: Wednesday 29th January 2020. Venue: Masons Arms, Headington Quarry.
Attendees: Maurice Earp (ME), Simon Hathaway (SH), Trevor Lambert (TL), Paul Peros (PP), Ali Wolfe (AW) , Jemma Hayward (JH), Ian Coleman (IC).
Start: 7.00pm. Finish: 9.15pm.
1. Welcome and apologies
PP welcomed committee members to the first meeting of 2020. Apologies received from Michael North (MN), Matt Cavill (MC), and Wes Harrison (WH).
2. Approval of minutes of last meeting (13 November 2019)
Approved with no amendments.
3. Discussion of stadium situation and other OUFC and Firoka issues:
Regular dialogue continues with Tiger, Zaki Nuseibeh, and Niall McWilliams, reported PP, and the channels of communication are good. It is clear that there is a deep understanding of the issues around the club’s medium and long term future and that much work is going on in the background to explore options, but that as yet no firm decisions have been taken.
4. AGM planning
The committee agreed to work towards an April date for the Trust AGM, the final details to be confirmed once room booking is made (PP to arrange with club). Information will be sent to members in the next 2 weeks confirming the date and arrangements for candidate nominations for the committee (TL to draft).
5. Project updates:
East Stand Mural: Successfully fitted prior to the Manchester City cup match, and paid for. The committee thanks PP, AW, SH for all their hard work to get this project over the line. Special thanks to Acute Homes whose staff spent many hours on the installation free of charge: we agreed to PP’s proposal to offer them a corporate sponsorship.
Food bank: We agreed to a proposal from AW that we repeat the successful Oxford Food Bank collection at a date to be agreed, during March if all parties agree, AW to follow up with the parties involved.
Jim Smith surfer: Donations received by OxVox towards the cost of the Jim Smith memorial surfer totalled £492.65, reported TL, and would be paid to Matt Organ: SH would enquire about the balance needed.
6. Trust finances:
OxVox now held £11,921 in its bank accounts as of 28/1/2020, reported TL. Since the last meeting £6224.40 had been paid to B2B Graphics in January for the mural and £502 for the blue plaque in November. Accounts for the year to 30 September 2019 are in preparation.
7. Trust membership:
Renewals and retention: Membership had slipped back to 968, reported ME, due mainly to the removal of over fifty who enrolled as juniors but had not upgraded to full members when invited.
Rewards scheme: TL reported that WH had contacted sponsors to ask whether life members had used the scheme. He would report later. WH had devised a short survey to send to life members to ask about their views on the scheme.
Marketing the trust to non-members: TL, JH, SH, ME to work together to revise current information about OxVox and devise a marketing plan to publicise the trust via its website, a newsletter etc.
Junior memberships: AW to explore possible tie-in with the Community Trust to offer juniors match tickets.
8. AOB; Date of next meeting; Close:
No further business.
With the AGM planned for April, we would need a planning meeting in March, date TBA.
The meeting closed at 9.15pm. We thanked the Masons Arms for their hospitality.